Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having the usual problems fitting a none standard head unit and getting the rear speakers to work. got a kit which should make it work but dosen't work.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There should be a wiring diagram on the OEM radio, a label attached to the chassis of the unit. I believe there is more than one remote turn on wire, one in the power harness and one in the head unit-to-amp harness.
If you need more detail I can find my oem radio and post more information for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorted now cheers, but now the buzzer for when the lights stay on dosen't sound and the alarm has stopped working, think i's because i've taken the factory fit radio out and the alarm links to that as well as the doors boot and bonet. any ideas how to remedy this problem???

·
Registered
163 Posts
That sounds like you may have blown a fuse... the radio does not have anything to do with the alarm or chimes. Did you run new speaker wires into the doors? The drivers door switch is in the door latch inside the door, its possible you disrupted something if you ran new wires.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the hand book it says about the alarm sensing the the doors boot bonet and factory fit radio??
no new wires, and the book says that the fuse for the alarm also is the fuse for the interior lights and they still work???? the alarm it'self still works because if i push the button to turn the interior sensors off the leds on the lock pins flash still,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts