Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my son a 1999 A4, 2.8 quattro; really fun car. Noticed, in looking at many, through the buying process, this car seems to have a mix bag of options or features that didn't appear on others. Can someone provide information or a site to check out? These are the unusuals:

1. Sport steering w/Tiptronic controls, but not sport seats, don't know if sport suspension.

2. Wood on dash around radio, but no cup holder in the dash.

3. Has 10 spoke wheels, but read this was only available mid-1999 for the RS4; this car was built in late 1998 as a 1999.

I would love to know what options are on this car; can Audi tell me this if I provide the VIN?

Thanks for any help you can give!

44Soccer

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a long spreadsheet that I created from data I found online somewhere that is sorted by option code for all Audis. It is about 10,000 lines long.

Here are a few you mentioned pertaining to a '99:

1BE sport suspension
0G7 Tiptronic
1MU leather trimmed sports steering wheel

There are lots of codes for sport and upraised suspensions listed - yours could be different than mine since I have a 1.8 motor.

Send me your option codes and I'll look them up. This is not the VIN. You should have an options sticker somewhere on the vehicle with a bunch of 3-digit codes arranged in columns and rows. The VIN number will tell you the basic model and is available at:
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/audi1.shtml

Otherwise, do a web search and eventually you should find the codes.
Email off list to [email protected]

VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
i own a 98 a4 2.8l quattro and i have the sport pkg. it includes 16in. 8 spoke alloy wheels,6 disc cd chng, s4 steering wheel,5spd triptonic, trimmed leather seats, bose concert sound, climate cntrl,fog lights,and the list goes on, but if u go to vehix.com and put in u'r vin they'll give u all u'r details on the car for 5 bucks. not much but thats wat i did!!! hope this helps u out a little

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help. Sorry for late reply, I lost access to this website and finally got it back. I had to learn over how to navigate.

Sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts