Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i have a problem with the check engine light ,one of the small hose on my blow off V was split 2 days ago and the check engine light came on last night . i just change the hose this morning but the check engine light didnt go off
so anyone knowes how to turn it off
one of my fd told me to disconnect the battery does that help ? and if it does how can i enter the radio code after i turn back the power on ?
thank you all

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
you'll need a vag-com to turn the codes off. also... audis dont have blow off valves they have diverter valves :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
vag-com is a VW/Audi diagnostic tool.. plugs into to the OBD-II port on your car and is used to get engine fault codes from your car. when the check engine light comes on, the engine ECU records the fault code so the dealer (or you) can determine what exactly tripped the CEL.

your audi dealer has VAG-COM units, or you can buy one here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry to jump in with a newbie ? here but can i not use a regular obdII scan tool must i use a vag com i have the obd scan tool and was under the impression that this would be all i needed

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
i believe OBDII will only be able to pull generic codes and you'll need a VAGCOM for the more sophisticated ones..could be wrong

·
Registered
7 Posts
bhb my book shows all the generic codes but states the each manufactuer has there own brand specific codes that i will need an extra reference guide for i have used it on my friends jetta and it has pulled the vw specific codes that required us to refrence his shop manual im hoping its the same with the audi anyone else have any experience with obdII vs vag com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts