Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is all Audi a4 year from 1996-2001 has a quattro system? or do they have front wheel drive also?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and if there is both, how can you tell the difference? because i'm searching for an audi a4 year 1996-2001 quattro i think, and some car dealer talk shiet how this car is this and that when it really isnt, espcially on the car ad's online.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No not all Audi A4s from 1996-2001 are quattro, they do make a front wheel drive car.
How you could tell without driving it I'm not too sure. If you can get your hands on the Vag Codes or Option codes you may be able to tell from that.

Somewhere in this forum is a whole list of option codes.

Sorry I don't have the link.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
well, there also 2 types of engines in the a4 category. there is the 1.8T inline 4 and the 2.8L V6. all the 2.8L V6 a4's are quattro, but only some of the 1.8T's are quattro. u can always get the cars vin number and look it up, or just look at the title of the car and it will say it on there also.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can check with a dealer but the A4s sold in Canada for most of the years you are asking about were sold in Quattro format only. FWD Audi's have only be come available in Canada in the last couple of years (I think).

Rgds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts