Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tailgate in my 2007 Q7 would not work. I took it to dealer who determined that there was a water leak in the passenger side of rear section of the sunroof frame and the passenger side rear sunroof drain hose. This affected the electronics. Repair bill was $3K+.

Did anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tailgate in my 2007 Q7 would not work. I took it to dealer who determined that there was a water leak in the passenger side of rear section of the sunroof frame and the passenger side rear sunroof drain hose. This affected the electronics. Repair bill was $3K+.

Did anyone else have this problem?
I have heard that Audi did a recall on this problem a while back. You might contact Audi America to see if they can help with that cost.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi! I had similar issue on the older A6 due to drainage pipes blockage - there are four pipes going down - 2 in front of the sun roof and 2 in the back. In later models they increased the diameter and it should pretty much fix it. I am not sure but pipes might be required to be cleaned each maintenance interval. Did the dealer tell you the reason of the leak?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We had this issue on our 07 MY Q7. Turned out it was the passenger side front drain hose blocked. Caused water ingress into passenger footwell. Car was 6 weeks out of warranty but Audi UK paid for complete repair which included fitting a new Panoramic roof surround. Fix took over 3 weeks, cost (I understand) in excess of £2.5k but as I say, Audi UK paid every penny.

I believe they coughed up because it was/is a known issue.

Now, just to get them to pay for the replacement keyless door handles, all of which have failed for the third time.

No idea why I love this car. It's costing me an arm and a leg :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an Audi Q7 MY07 and experienced the same issue this month. The local dealership immediately discovered that water had leaked in my Bose amplifier and it had to be replaced. Of course it is out of warranty and I had to pay EUR 1300 (I have moved back to Europe but bought my car in the US). I am now discussing with the local importing agency to get reimbursed for the expenses. I see on multiple internet forums that more people had this issue and when I called my dealer in the US, they immediately acknowledged that this is a known issue. However there was never a recall to my knowledge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi! I had similar issue on the older A6 due to drainage pipes blockage - there are four pipes going down - 2 in front of the sun roof and 2 in the back. In later models they increased the diameter and it should pretty much fix it. I am not sure but pipes might be required to be cleaned each maintenance interval. Did the dealer tell you the reason of the leak?
Happen to my 2009 Q7 I repair it with a single water drain tube as it soaked my Bose amplifier and drain my battery constantly. Got a new Bose amplifier board for $299. And a new hose for $6.00 at Home Depot no more water leaks and radio was fixed car is doing great now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an Audi Q7 MY07 and experienced the same issue this month. The local dealership immediately discovered that water had leaked in my Bose amplifier and it had to be replaced. Of course it is out of warranty and I had to pay EUR 1300 (I have moved back to Europe but bought my car in the US). I am now discussing with the local importing agency to get reimbursed for the expenses. I see on multiple internet forums that more people had this issue and when I called my dealer in the US, they immediately acknowledged that this is a known issue. However there was never a recall to my knowledge.
Audi should do a recall on the issue. I found the issue on my Q7 and was able to pull the roof liner down a little and replace with a new hose purchased at a hardware store for $5.99 and once installed no more leaks purchased a amplifier board on eBay made in China and works like the factory one once decoded at an Audi dealer as they need to unvigin the system with a computer system they have. Radio sounds amazing amd no more leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts