Audi Forums banner

Q7 Quattro TDI 50 Sline 2020

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  siberian 
#1 ·
Hi - I went for test drive - found slow response in starting — looks like car not following your command initially !? Im really interested in buying this model but only thing disturbing currently is that? Anyone put some light on it please— will it annoy in evey traffic signal !? I mean every time car stop to 0 km - it need same push required to accelerate?
thanks
Dr Waris

#3 ·
Hi - I went for test drive - found slow response in starting — looks like car not following your command initially !? Im really interested in buying this model but only thing disturbing currently is that? Anyone put some light on it please— will it annoy in evey traffic signal !? I mean every time car stop to 0 km - it need same push required to accelerate?
thanks
Dr Waris
For my vehicles (2015 A-7, 2018 Q-7 - both are 3.0T's) there are two solutions:
1. de-activate the auto shut off. On the A-7 - your setting is persistent between engine starts. So if I deactivate it today, ir remains deactivated the next time I start the car. On the 2018 Q-7 the auto shut off is activated every time the car is started.

2. If you do not apply full pressure to the brake pedal the auto shut off will not activate. If you are stopped and the engine has shut down, slightly releasing the brake pedal pressure allows the engine to restart. With some experimentation you will discover how much pressure is required to keep the car stopped but allow the engine to re-start.

I prefer the experience in the A-7 where the feature setting is persistent until you change it. However, for the Q-7 I've just learned to allow the engine to shut down and then relieve brake pressure slightly just before it's time to move again - engine is running and there is no delay. FYI, this procedure also works for the VW Atlas.

HTH

#4 ·
If you want to permanently disable the ASS (Auto Start Stop) (no longer available as of 2020 forward):

You need a VAG-COM:

From Top Menu:

Select Control Module (09)

Select SECURITY ACCESS

Enter code 20113 to login

Select ADAPTATION (10)

Select Channel 34 - Auto Start Stop from the drop down list

Change Enable to Disable or vice versa depending on what it is currently set to

Do It!

SAVE/EXIT

You're done. I've done this on a 2018 Q7 as proof of concept.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.