Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My Auxiliary Heater on my Audi Q7 3.0TDI seems to be faulty. It is either leaking or pumping out unburnt diesel which is causing white smoke. It is Ok when driving along as it goes away quickly and is unnoticeable. However, when idling (sitting at junctions, lights, traffic, etc) white smoke pours out of the engine bay and the cabin fills with diesel fumes. Most people think the car is on fire which is becoming embarrassing. The problem is definitely with the auxiliary heater and not injectors or any other leak. I have searched for hours to find out if I can isolate it or disable it but with no luck. I have found the fuse and have removed it but it still pumps diesel to the heater. Has anyone got any ideas on how to isolate/disable the heater so no diesel gets to it? It is summer so I don't need the auxiliary heater at the moment - this is a good point as it should not be cutting in. It is possibly the glow plug but I have no diagrams, videos, etc on how to remove the heater, etc. I will be extremely grateful for any help.
Thanks
Steve

1 - 1 of 1 Posts