Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the exclamation point, and the first-post drama, but holy heck, my girlfriend's car just got a repair estimate of almost $10,000.

This is a 2013 Q5 2.0 turbo.

She bought the car from a respectable dealer about 8 months ago. It began using oil soon after. Took it to the dealer for an oil consumption test, and they say it needs new pistons and all of the associated rings, seals, head gaskets etc., timing chain and so forth.

This is a two-owner car, which has been taken to the same dealer for all recommended service.

In my opinion, a $40,000 car should not need an engine rebuild at 85k miles. Particularly when the previous years' Q5s have well-documented oil burning problems. They even settled a class action lawsuit over the same issues.

I'm curious about others with the same issues. Anyone have success with getting the dealer or Audi to pay for repairs? What's the best strategy?

Here's the dealer's estimate:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for the exclamation point, and the first-post drama, but holy heck, my girlfriend's car just got a repair estimate of almost $10,000.

This is a 2013 Q5 2.0 turbo.

She bought the car from a respectable dealer about 8 months ago. It began using oil soon after. Took it to the dealer for an oil consumption test, and they say it needs new pistons and all of the associated rings, seals, head gaskets etc., timing chain and so forth.

This is a two-owner car, which has been taken to the same dealer for all recommended service.

In my opinion, a $40,000 car should not need an engine rebuild at 85k miles. Particularly when the previous years' Q5s have well-documented oil burning problems. They even settled a class action lawsuit over the same issues.

I'm curious about others with the same issues. Anyone have success with getting the dealer or Audi to pay for repairs? What's the best strategy?

Here's the dealer's estimate:

View attachment 11307
Have a Q7 and drove it for 6 hours and ask for oil one quart not sure if it’s normal my Q7 has 157,000 miles runs nice too.

thanks

Auggie.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have a Q7 and drove it for 6 hours and ask for oil one quart not sure if it’s normal my Q7 has 157,000 miles runs nice too.

thanks

Auggie.
157K miles is getting long in the tooth. Let me get this right before I pass judgement.You checked it when you bought it , and then you drove 6 hours and then needed a quart. Well the guy was honest, as to why he sold it. Cus he sold it. My judgement is if you are gonna drive it alot, get 2 cases of oil and after those are out you can put in a motor that uses no oil.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts