Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planing to purchasing an Audi A4 1.8t mid January 2006. But i have some question's and was hopeing you guys can help me out.

1. is there a major different on FWD Vs. AWD - Performance wise?
(reason i ask is because i have seen alot more fwd for sale and less awd+more $$$ 4 awd)
2. I have been told that the stock turbo life time are 60k is this ture & how much are this turbo to repalce?

My plan are to purchase an 2002-2004 Audi 1.8t b6 AWD under 22K lower miles too... :grin:
My goal is to take on a 2002 bmw 325 and a spec v 2005 w/bolt on. (friends cars) plan to chip etc. hopefully

thanks for your time and any advice would be appreciated. :57:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
1. fwd you will have more power to the wheels but the AWD you will handle and grip much better, i would go wit the quattro its wut makes an audi

2. 60K if you abuse it and dont take care of the engine wit propper cool downs and warms, a car is only as relaible as its owners, i kno some 1.8Ts with almost 100K

·
Registered
1 Posts
:)

I've owned two Audi (4000CS) and the A4 2002 1.8T (2WD). While my car was being serviced Audi gave me a 3.0 (4WD) 2002 A4. The difference is pretty significant if you drive fast and do alot of hard road cornering. If you drive that way then go with the 4WD. Other than that the 1.8T handles just about as well on the open road and does a nice job of getting you around town (no real difference). One feature you get with the 2WD 1.8T is the CVT transmission (REALLY like this feature). Takes some getting use to but overall I JUST LOVE IT!.

I bought my Audi 2002 1.8T used while I was living in Europe and had it shipped over (wanted US specs). I had it there two years and had it up to 130MPH (before the governor kicked in) on the autostrada between Naples and Rome. That baby hugged the road!!! I was very please with the performance.

Good Luck
J. Amador

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quattro will allow you to go round corners like you are on rails. The difference is dependent on your style and the journeys you have to make, but there are plenty of occasions for you to enjoy the extra reassurance of the AWD, I'm sure.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts