1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
is it almost time for a timing belt change if so i say go for it but if not dont bother cause labor is gonna be alot of money

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just got my timing belt changed at 95k,and im at 99k.so it's only about 4kmiles. but i was planning on doing it myself.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i havn't,but i guess i will now.
thanx :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Spending all that money for an underdrive pulley -- seems like such a waste of time and money for such a marginal gain. I think you missed your opportunity when you changed the timing belt, I would say to completely forget about it.

I keep trying to convince you to save your money and get an S4. You would be so much happier because even bone stock, the S4 will trash your A4 every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I thought someone in your family was going to buy your car?

VB

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i thought so to until we got new add on 's to the house which almost doubled r taxes. freakin New Jersey gets u w/ that crap.so my dad basiclly trashed that idea of buying my car. and believe me, if i wasn't in school right now and i can afford an S4, i would go for it. i'm also out of work b/c i broke my hand and had to get surgery. lol but if u no of someone who would trade an S4 for a lightly modded A4. let me noo. lol anyways, u already convinced me to get the S4, and i want one. but 1 prob,no money!!! one of these days i'll have one though,and u'll be the first to no volcanoblack.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its better then the stocker in my car!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man it was a small price to pay and if your going to do it your self you will make up the difference in labor...

I think they have helped.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea if i get the kit it wont take more than 3hours to do,and i'll be saving a ton of money!!!! plus i think i need new pulleys anyways so im just goin to upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts