Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm a new member of this forum. I'm interested in purchasing an Audi A4 (2002-2005) and joined this forum to ask and learn from all you experts :). If my questions have already been asked, please just send me a link to an existing thread and keep the n00b bashing to a minimum.

Basically just looking for a sporty sedan with AWD to carry myself and friends in. I am indifferent to the 1.8T or 3.0. I'm more concerned with long term reliability. Before I've owned Toyotas and BMWs and have enjoyed the reliability these auto makers have to offer. I don't know much about Audis so my questions are:

1) What should I look for when I go to see these cars?
2) Realistically, how is the reliability if routine maintenance is kept up?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I purchased my audi a4 about 4 months ago. I bought a 2005 1.8t. I decided to buy mine from a dealer because it was audi certified and gave me peace of mind in terms of warranties. I bought the vehicle with 15000 miles and have a warranty until 50000 or 4 years. I think buying a vehicle with an existing warranty is a major plus. When going to look for a vehicle their really isnt anything to look for other than overall condition such as rust, scratches, and operating gadgets. In terms of reliability. I havent had it long enough to say but I must mention that I have been to the dealership quite a few times to get things straightened out.

1. sunroof switch broke had to get the switch replaced
2. routine maintenance and service
3. went in for excessive vibration in steering wheel and pedals

nothing life threatening but just an annoyance to travel to the dealership to get things straightened out. hope this helped let me knwo if you have anymore questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it does help. While these minor issues may not be life threatening, it can be an annoyance always having to take it back to the dealer.

Anyone else have anymore experiences?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have only had my A4 for a few weeks so I can't post on it's reliability, but one of the reasons I bought it was for it reputation of good quality and reliability.

I too bought Audi Certified and have a 100,000 mile warranty. I would reccommend that. Where I am used Audi prices are great right now for buyers, not so great for sellers. Also keep in mind that Audi provides FREE regularly scheduled maintainence untill 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Audi provides FREE regularly scheduled maintainence until 50,000 miles? Is this for all Audis? Or do you have to purchase an extended warranty? Maybe this is why a lot of Audi owners might sell their cars after 50,000 miles so to not have to worry about expensive maintenance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not for sure but in the US i believe all Audi's have free maintanence until 50K but I believe it has to be a certified car in order to be transfer to a new owner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
broccoli said:
I have only had my A4 for a few weeks so I can't post on it's reliability, but one of the reasons I bought it was for it reputation of good quality and reliability.

I too bought Audi Certified and have a 100,000 mile warranty. I would reccommend that. Where I am used Audi prices are great right now for buyers, not so great for sellers. Also keep in mind that Audi provides FREE regularly scheduled maintainence untill 50,000 miles.
Broccoli i bought my A4 just out of warranty it know has 54,500 miles, i'm interested in the 100,000 warranty. If you don't mind me asking how much did this cost you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
warranty status:

heres the scoop on warranty information for audi's. if an audi is purchased new or certified pre-owned it comes with a 50,000/4 year deal. This includes all items. In 2005 models this covers brakes and even windsheild wipers. In 2004 models the brakes are not coverd as a warranty item only in 2005 models. I must mention tires are not replaced in this warranty either. Their is also a 100,000/6 year warranty. However this doesnt cover wear and tear items. This only covers items like drive train. Only items that become defective but not due to wear and tear which is a bit iffy for every part on your car. Now for the first 50,000 miles the audi owner receives free service every 10,000 miles or once every year whichever comes first. This is only covered up until 50,000 miles. Things in service include oil change, vacuum, wash, filter change, air filter change, and oil lubricating. Schedule is in maintenance manual. With this they also provide a free audi a4 loaner. However I dont beleive this is true of every audi dealer. Must be careful you have to be 21 or 25 to get the loaner. I have had trouble with this in the past seeing as im only 20. I hope this helps everyone. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts