Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post. Have owned Mercedes for the past 10 years (current is a 560 SEL) and prefer there performance, reliability, and safety design features. But I live in the mountains of western North Carolina and AWD would be nice. I like the Audi cosmetics and the way their spec sheet reads (4.2 V-8 sedan with AWD) but I am suspect about Audi reliability. After all, AWD is nice but if it want start, shift, etc.; what's the benefit?
How does the 4.2 compare to other Audis for reliability and ease of upkeep and to Mercedes? Thanks to all responders.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi
Audi reliability is great I've had 2 coupes 1.9 GT5S sold it with 135k on clock, A 2.2 sold to my Brother with 145k on it ( He had it for two years and sold to a Londoner with 160k on it ) AUDI 80 1.9 TDI sold to brother inlaw with 175k on clock. ( YES NOW X BROTHER INLAW BUT HE STILL HAS HIS AUDI, HIS X WIFE HAS THE HOUSE, BUT HES STILL SMILING :)

My wife has a New AUDI A2 and loves it and I have an AUDI A6 2.5 TDI with 86k on it and no ones getting it ( MY WIFE CAN HAVE THE HOUSE THE KIDS, DOG YES MY BROTHERS AND X INLAWS BUT NEVER ANY AUDI I HAVE :D )

I have never had a Quattro 4X4 AUDI (AWD) as I've never had the need for one but I've allway wanted a S1 coupe QUATTRO which I will get one day I hope but If you look at AUDI motor sport history you will see how realiable Quattros are.

All the AUDI'S I've had I've never spent out on any parts except for servises, ect. but my inlew did have to get the heater matrix changed on the AUDI 80 he still has.

AUDI 4.2 V8 IS THE DOGS TWICHY BITS. ( THE BEST )
hope this helps

·
Registered
256 Posts
I purchased an A6 4.2 Q with almost 60K miles on it and shared your same concerns before purchase. I'm very pleased with the car. Great look, quick, and the quattro is tops in the snow. This car is my daily driver as well as my hobby. Love it.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Laseron@Jan 4 2005, 05:07 PM
I purchased an A6 4.2 Q with almost 60K miles on it and shared your same concerns before purchase. I'm very pleased with the car. Great look, quick, and the quattro is tops in the snow. This car is my daily driver as well as my hobby. Love it.
Laseron -

I'm looking to purchase a 2001 A6 4.2L with approx. 62,000 miles. The car has all the options but I am a little concerned about the high miles. Any tips on what to look for when I go look at it. Have you had any tranny, engine or steering / control problems?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts