Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2001 Audi A8 .the Rear passenger window does not open/close
with one touch button... It only opens/closes by a few inches at a time...so I need to press/pull the button repeatly to close/open. is it any serious problem?any solution??

·
Registered
212 Posts
Originally posted by Darlene@Aug 11 2004, 12:58 AM
with one touch button... It only opens/closes by a few inches at a time...so I need to press/pull the button repeatly to close/open. is it any serious problem?any solution??
Does the Rear passenger window function normally with the button of the driver?
So yes, replace (or clean the intern contacts ) the switch in the door passenger.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Legaumais,

I actually have this problem on my 2000 A6 QUATTRO, the rear windows don't roll down with thier own switch but they fuction normally with the driver master button; Do you suggest just to change or clean the switches ? If this something easy to do or do I have to take it to the dealer?

Many thanks in advance,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Originally posted by Darlene@Aug 11 2004, 09:58 AM

Hi,

My audi had this problem with the front window though.
All i did was press the button for all 4 windows to go down, holding the button on for 10seconds after the windows are fully open. then close the windows holding the buttons till completely closed......then mine worked fine!

Do this with the ignition turned on but not with the engine running.

it may help. hope it does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Tdi_dan,

Sorry but I'm not quite clear; are you saying that I need to roll them down all 4 windows with the master control on the driver side and then hold the master buttons for about 10 secs and afterwards close then all the way up agin using the same master buttons?

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for tehr advice; I tried but no luck so I'm affraid that I need to replace the switches on the rear doors; we'll see how much it'll cost (the parts should be un-expensive but I bet the labor will be a lot).

Regards,

·
Registered
8 Posts
my rear window stopped working so i opened up the bit where all the wiring goes through the door and i found that one of the wire had snapped so i fixed it now its fine and i had another front window which closes slowly and sometimes goes back but they put some grease on the side in the garage and its back to normal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts