Audi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen this issue posted. Audi cannot give me a valid PIN code for an original unit to the car.

I needed to remove my battery over the weekend. Naturally I needed a PIN code after.

I went to the dealer to get the PIN code. The same dealer that sold me the used car and did not supply me with a PIN code. They retrieved the PIN code from Audi, but it does not work. The dealer tells me there must be an electrical fault with the unit and a new one is 2,000 Euros please.

The ECU was replaced last year. Could that be relevant?

What are my options versus replacing a perfectly good nav/radio system?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a thought, but you could call Audi of America directly yourself, and give them the vehicle VIN number, explain the issue and ask for the PIN, to double check you have the correct PIN ?
Else, not sure this is available via Vag-Com reading - it might be on a certain channel. I'll check mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i'm currently having the same problem (made a thread today). Seriously dont want to have to buy another unit when this one works perfectly fine just because it cant be unlocked.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
All that is needed is the 14 digit radio number auz2z.............
And the 17 digit vin wauzzz......................
then the code is generated on line via vas and thats it
example 0123, enter number and click ok

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For the benefit of anybody else with the same issue.

Rabbit solved my problem. I shipped my unit to him (Belgium) and he returned it promptly. It now works fine.

My local Audi dealer (where I bought the car) was no help at all. Their only solution was a new unit at 2,000 Euro plus another 350 Euro for another navigation DVD.

Public thanks to Rabbit for solving my problem. You da' man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts