Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A4 if I dont started for a day, the next day I have a lots of problems starting it. At the first try it comes on but quikly shuts off. Then it won't start unless I push the gas pedal several times and after several trys starting it. Finally it iddles very very low and when it warms up a little its stops and runs normal.
Can Somebody help me or give input
thanks in advance
wescyj

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi , i don't know your car is diesel or with gasoline ,i do not have somuch information about diesels ,but if your car is with gasoline there could be a problem , if you start before one day pass ,does it make the same problem? , also what is the weather temperature arround,because normally you should start your car every day at least for 3 minutes wheather you drive it our not,especially in the cold wheathers ,but as itold there is probably a problem:( , because it must be star in first try wheather the degree is around -15 ,but if it does not make it before 48 hours ,i mean if you start your car after 24 hours and if there is no problem ,may be it is just because of cold but probably not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe if I let stand more than 10-11 hours it give me the problem. and yes it is gasoline engine.
have this happen to you?

·
Registered
18 Posts
no i have never had tihs problem ,so probably you have problem so you should show it to the service i think. a gasoline engine shouldn't make suchthing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wescyj said:
My A4 if I dont started for a day, the next day I have a lots of problems starting it. At the first try it comes on but quikly shuts off. Then it won't start unless I push the gas pedal several times and after several trys starting it. Finally it iddles very very low and when it warms up a little its stops and runs normal.
Can Somebody help me or give input
thanks in advance
wescyj
I have just discovered the exact same problem in my 2001 A4 2.8L. Were you able to discover what the issue was?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts