Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very cold here in Ohio, and we did not start our 2000 A8 for the last couple months (driving our new car). The battery is now mostly dead (car) won't start.

When I tried to open the trunk (where the battery is) to charge it, I could not get the trunk open. Not with the key (physically), or with the remote key, nor with the the button on the inside of the door (the button popped off about 2 years ago when I took it to get cleaned, and they vacuumed off the button). There is a small low level whine I try the key physically. (there is a little power, just not enough to start the engine, or open the trunk door).

I called my dealership, and asked them what to do. They said that there is a positive battery terminal under the engine hood, that is on "the passenger side". I spent 45 minutes looking for the terminal. I found some things that "might" be the terminal, but I am not going to experiment, and blow some circuit.

The user's manual is not a help. It does not mention anything like a terminal under the hood.

Can anybody tell me exactly where this "positive terminal to the battery under the hood" is; or direct me somewhere that can? (An online picture would be great.)

Thanks -- C

·
Registered
1 Posts
:huh: Hi Spacepolicy:

I have had the same problem with my 1997 A8 4.2 Quattro and now my golf clubs are locked in the trunk. I've been told that there is a terminal behind the passenger side wheel, but that is not enough info to charge the battery, and open the trunk. So I am wondering if anyone has rescued their Audi via this method, please Email me. A digital image would be helpful... but any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Audi owner in PA

[email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.Ihad a problem with a flat battery,I accessed the car via the drivers door useing the key.My car is a W12 which has (normally)keyless entry.Because the start button would not work,I used the key in the ign slot to try and start it,this was of course useless and,when I tried to get the key out (to get into the boot/trunk)and it would not come out because of the flat battery.The way to get it out is to put a sharp point into the very small hole! in the ign surround and it comes out.Then, I gained access to the boot with the KEY (manually)I am told this IS the only way to get in.Sorry if this does not help,WHEN you do get in, be carefull how you connect the jump leads,look at the hand book.One last thing..Look @ Volkspage,net/technik/ssp/ssp/ssp/268.pdf theres lots of info and data on this site...Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts