Audi Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a quick one... i reset my batterybut now when i push down my windows i have to hold it down... rather then 1 push down and it goes down on its on anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
dont worry its normal, evenually it will come back
it happened to me befor

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hahah sweeeeeeeeet i was so happy wen i went through starbucks drive through and it w0rked w00t w00t :thumbsup: i looked pretty baller

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
good, i love power windows
i love closing my window wit the remote when im leaving

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remote? :w00t:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i can roll up/down my windows wit the key remove bottons
u need a VAG-COM to program ur car to do it

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
The windows on remote comes standard... (Uk )

all you need to do is when you push unlock, press it again and keep hold of the button till the windows drop..

when locking, lock and repress and hold to close.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this works for me but i have to put the key into the door and turn it and it opens all windows or shuts

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much and were can i get a vagcom because i want to do the remote trick, and i also want to do the daytime running lights as well.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
a vag-com is expensive its better to find someone in ur area with one like a local audi tuner

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you have climate control you can get the codes to appear on the screen. Found them on google a while back. Quite cool you can get the rev counter an speedo to appear digitally too.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do have climate control how do i do it?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Originally posted by Randomjim@Feb 28 2006, 02:53 PM
If you have climate control you can get the codes to appear on the screen. Found them on google a while back. Quite cool you can get the rev counter an speedo to appear digitally too.
its just radio strength and we dont have the codes like the B5s
that trick for the B6 is pointless

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I have only seen the speed on the climate on the VW Passat??

also.... you can get VAG - COM lead from for example.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KKL-409-1-VAG-COM-VW...bayphotohosting

for cheap enough... have a look about on ebay as you can get them cheaper..

and then download the software free from

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/archives.html

I did this and mine works fine..

Ensure you are getting the correct lead ---- i went for the serial rather than the USB as the drivers aere easier to set up.. and then i can use one of my old laptops then..

Cheers

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by RickT@Mar 1 2006, 07:49 AM
I have only seen the speed on the climate on the VW Passat??

also.... you can get VAG - COM lead from for example.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KKL-409-1-VAG-COM-VW...bayphotohosting

for cheap enough... have a look about on ebay as you can get them cheaper..

and then download the software free from

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/download/archives.html
I did this and mine works fine..

Ensure you are getting the correct lead ---- i went for the serial rather than the USB as the drivers aere easier to set up.. and then i can use one of my old laptops then..

Cheers

Would i be able to do everything that the regular vag com does? like programming the dtrl and the windows.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I have not tried the windows on it... but i did set it up so the needles only on the cluster were on all the time without having the lights on, which makes it easier to see in the day..

also i managed to set it up so the doors lock automatically when you get upto 5-10 mph for safety..

you can also set it up to enable/disable running lights, have it so front fog lights work without have any other lights on (i have not tried this one)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by RickT@Mar 1 2006, 12:00 PM
I have not tried the windows on it... but i did set it up so the needles only on the cluster were on all the time without having the lights on, which makes it easier to see in the day..

also i managed to set it up so the doors lock automatically when you get upto 5-10 mph for safety..

you can also set it up to enable/disable running lights, have it so front fog lights work without have any other lights on (i have not tried this one)

Cheers

but is it worth the buy?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
yeah its worth the buy..

for eg... engine mangament light comes on... link you PC/laptop to get... see the error codes... find what the fault is and repair yourself... rather than paying large amounts of cash just to know what up..

also if you get a fault you can clear the code and see if the issue errors again!

upto... (also you can make money off it with ya mates!!) LOL!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts