Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like many of you have had the nagging problem of a drivers side power window that would sometimes not roll up. I've had several Audi techs tell me that the regulator or motor was bad and needed to be replaced. This always troubled me because I felt that there was a problem with the window guide sticking on something. I thought this because I could move the window around a little during the up cycle. well i finally got the courage up to remove the window assembly and inspect the regulator along with the guides. I found that the rear guide had a small piece broken off of its top and this was causing the window to be raised at a slight angle with respect to the front guide. It was a Sunday when I did this so no parts were available. I decided to fix the guide by securing it to the cable with some metal clips that I fashoned in my shop. What do you know, it worked:) . i don't know if it will stay fixed or not but today it's OK. Now, if I can just get the nerves up to remove my rear window shade and fix it......

1 - 1 of 1 Posts