Audi Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a 1999 pre face lift 1.8t not sport just standard i`m wondering if anyone can tell me what the standard bhp is as some places claim 150 and others 120 ?? and if there is any easy way of increasing this i`m not that clued up on re-maps etc so anything in simple language lol would be brill .:)

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Yeah defo 150bhp unless you have the Quattro model which has 180bhp...

Remap will push you up to anything from 195 -210 bhp depending on who does it for you with loads more torque..

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
If you have a red T on your boot then it’s an 180bhp other wise 150bhp.

Chip on a 150 will give about 190bhp on a K03 turbo but upgrade the DV as they tend to go.

Anything that boot power will tend to wear parts quicker if pushing the car hard but to be frank its minimal when just doing a chip.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
It's the diverter Valve some people like myself have a balieys unit which give you that pissssst sound but the TT 225 unit will do the job just fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was looking at the jabba sport site and they do the baileys for 105 fitted is that a good price/part do you reckon if i got it done along with the remap ?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Thats a good price for the bailey fitted and at the end of the day jabba sport will get the most out of remap with that valve as thats what they recommend for your B5 when tuning it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
hi, your car must be 150 hp ,you can make it 180-190 hp with remap ,no parts the change ,it is just a software ,it increases the turbo pressure so both the torque and hp increases ,i think it is around 600 euros , but be carefull with the gasoline you use , after the remap ,also becarefullwith the sercvice times ,the engine will be sensitive after the remap both for the service and with the gasoline ,but if you will be carefull about them there is no problem ,i think it is great 180-190 hp ,but you should find a profecional remapper ,most of them does not know too much thing ,the put the same chip too every car and then change teh soft ware so ,if possible make the remap with someone whosswe experienced in remaping audi and refrences

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks i`ve recomended to a place that does a lot of audi`s and can achieve 209bhp with i think is tremendous just had a £500 tax re-bate this morning (woo hoo !!) so my re-map has just been paid for thanks to mr inland revenue !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts