Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, ive noticed that in my 2.0TDI A3 when I brake using my left foot theres a huge power loss in the engine... As in, its as though the turbo dies off, but then when i let off the brakes and accelerate again it takes about one or two seconds for the engine to come back into life properly. Is this something to do with the ESP system interfering? Its a bit of an odd thing to have it doing and gets a bit annoying... Any help!?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Early racing drivers used to break with their left foot, while using the right one to keep the revs high. Nevertheless, they did not have the huge pile of electronics we have in our cars. And this is not a recommended every-day driving style.

Now, in our cars, when the electronic detects that the driver is both braking and accelerating at the same time (i.e. both pedals pushed), it will cut out the acceleration after some time (this time is required to qualify the fault). This is exactly what happened to me when I adjusted the brake pedal sensor too high and the computer was thinking that the pedal was pressed all the time, though it was not.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a manual yeah... Yeah sounds about right, annoying though. Ive done a bit of racing so thats the reason i do it. Gets annoying i have to say, doesnt do it in other cars ive driven. The RS6 for one was OK with it. Annoying...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You always have a great answer dont you? Be even better if it was a related one. Thanks anyway
:eek:fftopic:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts