Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking to change my Touareg for the Q7. I think it looks great, drives very well and build quality is second to none, but my only concern is the size. The Touareg is a bit smaller and I haven't really had any problems but the Q7 is about 30cm longer and about 5cm wider, doesn't sound much, but the way everthing in this country is built for smaller cars.....How have you all coped with it on UK country raods, in town and car parks etc? any problems?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mark

Absolutely no problem with car parks... ahem! Yes, multi-storeys can be a pain, supermarkets are OK as long as you don't mind a walk (just don't let the car cleaning guys near it!) and normal roads are no problem. Some rodaworks where there are narrower lanes take a bit more concentration and reversing is similarly challenging. Depends on where you live, park at work and things like that, but it's more the length than the width...there's a joke in there somewhere!

I say go for it. I did look at the Toureg but the build quality, especially on the centre armrest and glovebox, was appaling IMHO. As they're basically the same underneath I can't say why anyone would prefer the VW, even if it is slightly cheaper. certainly a case of 'you get what you pay for'.

Flea

1 - 2 of 2 Posts