Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new Audi owner with an 02 3.0 with CVT and FWD. This is a great car but problems are already present in the first week. I am in day four of ownership and now when engaged in gear, the center display, the PRND either disapears or starts blinking or is there but there is no indication of what gear it is actaully in. Also, when I move over shifter to trip, the 1-6 are not displayed. Any thoughts? Second question about Audi dealers. Do all Audi dealers share the same data as far as service that has been done? I really hope not because I found that this car has had this issue in April at the same dealer which I took it to today. Warranty companies will consider this pre-existing. I am pulling it from that dealer and headed to either an independent or another dealer, but if they all share the same data I am screwed to the tune of 1500 to replace a computer on the tranny.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
i think theirs something with the magnets on the shifter
and uggg CVTs have alot of problems

and they all should have the same data becasue they put it in the computer or they should, but u might get an ignorant dealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Another place mentioned a multi function switch as an alternative. I think I found a good independent shop so I'll take that route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts