Audi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I drive an 2002 audi a6 avant 1.9tdi se 130pd.I have read horror stories where the pollen filter has let rain water in through the filter housed in the near side bulkhead. Mine is not leaking in at present but I would like to know how to prevent it happening.I have looked on other sites which tell you to make sure that the housing cover sits snugly, mine hasn't got a cover.I have removed soggy leaves from the right hand side of the filter but would like to know what to do to prevent rainwater getting in. If it does get in it is not just wet carpets it also ruins the convenience ECU located under the front passenger seat.and can be quite a costly repair. Thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
you need to get a cover on that.......... in the mean time get some cling film and cover the top as it to stop water getting in till you get a cover...

Rickt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you RickT.
I have just phoned my local Audi dealer and spoke to the storeperson. He checked the exploded view on his computer and reassured me that there is no cover fitted to my pollen filter. Maybe there is a modification on later models could you please reply all you A4 &A6 owners? Mine is a 2002 model Audi A6 Avant 1.9tdi se 130pd.Cheers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does your car have the plenum cover intact? This is the long plastic cover that covers the seperation of the engine compartment and the place where you battery and pollin filter are housed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have a flat cover which is inserted into a slotted cover, inbetween the engine bay and over the battery and pollen filter and is held in position with a rubber seal of its full length from left to right. The cover is angled at both ends and appears to cover everything like an umbrella rain gets in at both ends and is drained away at the wings.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ok then. This is the same as mine. My pollin filter has no other cover than this. I've not had an issue with rain getting in this way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts