Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE PROBLEMS OF HOW TO ACTUALY PROGRAM NEW FLIP OUT KEYS FOR AN AUDI A4 1.9TDI SE YEAR 2000 I HAVE THE INFO FOR THE REMOTES BUT NOT HOW TO PROGRAM THE KEY SECTION ITSELF MY DEALER WANTS £40+ TO DO FOR ME FOR 10 MINUTES WORK !!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Originally posted by JIMBOG@Oct 31 2004, 04:15 PM
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE PROBLEMS OF HOW TO ACTUALY PROGRAM NEW FLIP OUT KEYS FOR AN AUDI A4 1.9TDI SE YEAR 2000 I HAVE THE INFO FOR THE REMOTES BUT NOT HOW TO PROGRAM THE KEY SECTION ITSELF MY DEALER WANTS £40+ TO DO FOR ME FOR 10 MINUTES WORK !!!!! :rolleyes:
i'm not really sure if you're talking about how to actually cut the key part, but i'm pretty sure you cant do that yourself. Did the dealer you talked to know you had the keys and didnt need to buy the? £40 sounds like the replacement cost, including the actual key.

:mellow: by the way... please don't repspond in all caps, its very hard to read.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bhb399mm@Oct 31 2004, 05:16 PM
i'm not really sure if you're talking about how to actually cut the key part, but i'm pretty sure you cant do that yourself. Did the dealer you talked to know you had the keys and didnt need to buy the? £40 sounds like the replacement cost, including the actual key.

:mellow: by the way... please don't repspond in all caps, its very hard to read.

[email protected] //A6~allroad moderator//
brad the flip out key is one part and the 3button section is another piece of the main keyunit the flip out part is the bit that needs to be programed to the vehicle i had already purchased this part fom dealer for £47 +vat who then told me i needed to pay a further £40 to program this piece i now have a spare unit but realy object to this ripoff for 10minutes work from my dealer hope someone can help?????

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
ooh, i see, i misunderstood you. that does seem kind of overpriced. is there any way you could call another dealer in your area? shop around alittle for a better deal?

another thought... try going to a VW dealer... they use the same keys, and probably the same programing system, but usually charge much less than audi. :mellow:

·
Registered
8 Posts
[I can't actualy belive you waste so much efford and energy for 10 pounds....come on you drive an Audi afterall if the few bucks were un issue you should have both a Seat or Skoda ;-)
If you are adamant in saving the money and have the time to waste try searching the AudiWorld forum I have seen a topic and technical details for the above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts