would not buy another Hyundai made product due to the brake problems
I have experienced with It. Now i have decided to purchase the Audi
product.And i am going to purchase 2001 Audi A8 S8 ...please give me
some information regarding this car.As i don't want to take the
risk again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can't say anything...not having the live experience...
Just purchase and have the experience! :D :D :D
Originally posted by Ible@Jul 30 2004, 07:31 AM
hey guys
i was having Hyundai product,Not a bad car for the money but probably
risk again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Ible@Jul 30 2004, 07:31 AM
hey guys
i was having Hyundai product,Not a bad car for the money but probably
risk again.
I have a 1997 with 80K miles. Driven for 1.5 yrs with a couple minor problems such as check engine light on and the need to replace the battery. Next item will be replacement of all the control arms ($1200). Control arms wear. This is the same parts as on the A4 and A6 so they all have this service issue every 60K or so.

The A8 is an ausome car, no question. It is expensive for insureance (twice regular cars and a little more than other Audis) and about the same cost as other high end cars to maintain. Don't worry about brake problems as the brakes are superb and last a very very long time. As such, it's a fine machine and a very good design. Every thing works perfectly. It's a pleasure to drive. It needs maintanence for all the wear and tear items and these items cost twice what they would on a Ford. Expect to spend at least $1000 per year on maintenance and $1400 each year on insurance. These costs are part of ownership of such a high end automobile.

I love the A8. I avoid the small 4 and 6 cylinder models as they have no power. I like the 2.7T however as has plentiful torque. The 4.2 is the best. I'll consider an A6 2.7T for my next ride but will hate to loose the 4.2 and some of the space offered by the A8. I wish the A8 had a manual trans. If you agree, look at the A6 2.7T with the 6 speed as an alternative.

Also note that one key reason for driving an Audi is Quattro. If you don't live in snow country there are other choices in high end cars. If you do drive in snow, Audi is the king. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
BrianT - could you tell me what happened with the check engine light? having some issues with mine right now - O2 sensors have been replaced as per diagnostic codes, but the light still comes on and the shop isn't very helpful.

cheers
jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think that a8 are magic i have 28 quat sport it goes 0-60 in 7.5 sec and up to 142mph also returns 26 mpg in town and 34mpg at 70mph i think thats great for a large car ok the 4.2 does 155mph but the runnig costs are a lot higher

1 - 5 of 5 Posts