Audi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

just reporting in to let you know i have just spent the last 3 hours in the garage fitting my HID's i got off ebay! 6000k,

they look wicked!!

i have only drove with them for 10 mins so far so i will give you an update once got a few miles done with them..

the fitting part was easy... ie just plug them in etc....

The hardest part was finding a good place to mount the ballests.. i mounted the front right one under the headlight fitting, and the left one up by the power steering fulid.

Half way through after doing the right side, i refitting the air intake and thought i would drop the bonnet to look at it compared to the other.. it looked miles better...

THEN i went to open the bonnet and i had knocked the bonnet cable realse out of the holder!!!! so the bonnet cable was not connected to anything!!!i pulled it and got fresh air!! i thought.......... you know what i thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10:30pm!!

right... car on the ramp.... under tray off... reaching up into the bonnet and managed to get the cable back in the to release bracket some how!!! working blind!!! and jobs a good one!! (could of done without that!!)

all in all good job done and look forward to driving home tommrrow night from work!!

Cheers

Rickt

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
nice to hear u got them in good, i thinking of selling my projectors and getting some H.I.D'S also. money is any issue though, have fun with them, and keep us posted on how u like em!!!

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i keep the projectors and installed a after market HID kit which uses the same conectors...

I will get some photos up shortly..!

Rickt

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
bout time! HID is 20 X better and the lights last so much longer :D where did u get them from? the guy i told you about?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi Kazyee... welcome back! no,.. i got them from ebay, same kind off seller though and simlair product.. yeah they are 100 X better!! look wicked.... not sure if they are a little blue tho... but the amount of light which is let off is unreal!!!

I like it when you turn them on... instant and like turning a flood light on!!

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
lol i am pretty sure my bulbs were 10,000 thats the dark true blue ones... turning them on u get like a loading the light bulb feel as it gets brighter and brighter :D

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah... thats wicked when you turn them on and it get brighter and brighter!!

Rickt

·
Registered
17 Posts
nice 1 Rick was wondering when someone would take a real dip into this headlight malarky,did the pack come with full instructions for owners like myself who always manage to mess things up even on minor tasks lol

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes... pretty simple... connect a lead to your exising H7 power lead, then it goes to the ballest, then the ballest to the new HID.. simple..

hardest bit is finding somewhere to mount the ballest..
The hardest part was finding a good place to mount the ballests.. i mounted the front right one under the headlight fitting, and the left one up by the power steering fulid.

Rickt

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Rick

The lights look really good, i must say....

Is that kit available for the B5 as well, do you know??

Also at the risk of sounding a bit dumb, what is the ballast??

How much did it cost, and was it fairly easy to fit??

Also where abouts in West Yorkshire r u, as the photos look familiar.....

Ta
Nilz :)

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
i couldnt find a place to mount the ballest :( i put 1 under the back cover by the tranny fluid :)

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is the seller....

eBay Seller: zeddehal: Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles items on eBay.co.uk

HOWEVER.... it took over 2 weeks and he didnt even get in touch with me and hes been getting a bit of negative feedback..... its upto you if you take the risk... ... the price is right tho!... he got a few ending in a day or so at a low price... aim to pay around the £45 mark and £19.99 postage... i have seen them go a bit cheaper it the last week or so... theres loads of kits out there and its just trying to find one which is good... i sent loads of emails via ebay to other people who got them asking them what they thought of them brefore buying them and they all said really good hence why i went for them..

"The hardest part was finding a good place to mount the ballests.. i mounted the front right one under the headlight fitting, and the left one up by the power steering fulid."

Nilz18T, where are you from??

Rick

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gommersal about 20minutes from me.. All new house look the same these days!!

Thats only the bulbs... you still need to get the 2 ballest to connect to them to

Rickt

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree, they do all look the same nowadays....R u sure those ones are just bulbs, as it does mention that there is a 3 year warranty on the bulbs and ballasts??

Anyway, how have you put your ballasts in, have you screwed them down or what??

Also, for the price of yours, did that include the whole kit, wiring, bulbs and ballasts??

Also, what does everyone think, 6000k or 8000k???

What do you prefer???

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
nilz18t said:
I agree, they do all look the same nowadays....R u sure those ones are just bulbs, as it does mention that there is a 3 year warranty on the bulbs and ballasts??

Anyway, how have you put your ballasts in, have you screwed them down or what??

Also, for the price of yours, did that include the whole kit, wiring, bulbs and ballasts??

Also, what does everyone think, 6000k or 8000k???

What do you prefer???
That Ebay advert is confusing as it does mention ballasts further down and as the price is £45 surely they must be included as Rick T got his whole set for that !!!

Might be worth contacting the seller to confirm whats included ???

I would go with the 8000K for extra light on these dark winter nights...

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The advert is for good quailty bulbs... ie the Philips HID bulbs are RRP £69.99 EACH! --- i would go 4000K to 6000K.. 8000K is too blue if you ask me... mine look blue enough... on the photo it does not really sure the tint of blue present.

One thing to remeber.. the higher the K number the bluer the light is and with a less light output..

To me the advert appeared to be bulbs only.. however i just quickly read it...

Rickt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts