Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=1064][attachmentid=1065][attachmentid=1051][attachmentid=1052][attachmentid=1053][attachmentid=1054][attachmentid=1055][attachmentid=1056][attachmentid=1057][attachmentid=1058][attachmentid=1059][attachmentid=1060][attachmentid=1061][attachmentid=1062][attachmentid=1063]ok so as i promised here are the pictures some of them on high quality otherones in low quality they are compared with a lexus rx 330 4300k's so you can have an idea the bulbs are d1s osrams purchased from suvlights.com cheaper then ebay by like 50 bucks soon ill be posting the guide on how to change them and the blaunkput me3 dvd player with dvd tunner guide so you can watch dvds on the rns-e navi plus so here are the pics onjoy and let me know what you think...................... oh yea i forgot backlights blue plasma bulbs pics too ill be posting guide for that too

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok so my post is a little bit messed up but im new to this posting thing so bare with me on this one, any suggestions including how to post pics will be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey whats up the install guide for the me3 ill be posting soon im going thru all the pictures and making the guide step by step,a no the bulbs i bought at this website www.suvlights.com they have pretty good service and the bulbs by itself are not hard to install ill be posting the guide for it soon,

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a well thank you i think i need to learn how to post pictures tho,lol i jsut wanted to say the change is obvious on the output of the light it just looks so muhc better and the yellowish goes away now as you know the new b7 uses the d1s bulbs,i think the older models use d2s bulbs just a reminder

·
Registered
163 Posts
Technically, they are 5400K bulbs, Suvlights is misrepresenting them. Osram does not make a 6000K bulb.
Unfortunatly what is gained in color is lost light output, A OEM D1S or D2S bulb puts out 3200 lumens, the Osram D1S-HC 5400K bulbs drop down to 2600 lumens.

Not hating on the modification, just putting it out there for people that dont know... its a lot of money to spend for reduced light output, but the color does look cool as hell.

As for older models and anyone looking to do this, check your bulbs first... all B7s do have D1S bulbs... the B5s and B6s varied, some were D1S, some were D2S.

There are also modifications that can be done to the projectors in the headlights to get more color out of OEM bulbs and get some really nice deep blue and purple along the cutoff line. Look for the my pictures in the B5 section next week for some really nice color shots!

If anyone is ever unsure about HID systems, or has any questions, feel free to email me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts