1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
wow nice ride, what kind of brakes are those, are they 4 pistion brakes

·
Registered
9 Posts
One thing I do notice is that you only have S-Line badge on one side on the front wing. Looking out of the window I have one on each side. Maybe that's why it costs more in the UK...?:D

Flea

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fleaman said:
One thing I do notice is that you only have S-Line badge on one side on the front wing. Looking out of the window I have one on each side. Maybe that's why it costs more in the UK...?:D

Flea
Good someone noticed that... I actually took that up as an issue with my dealer, and they ordered me a badge for the drivers side free of charge. It seems that the US models come this way ( so they say ).. But I made a fuss about it cuz it looks weird... so I now have a badge on right and left wing... Looks much better.
Thanks for the comment now I know for sure that they actually should have badges on both sides.
Looking at the specs though, I think the Eurpoean version is a bit sportier than the US version of the S-line..

Example: I do not have the chrome exaust tips, and the S-line is supposed to be 10mm lower than the regular Q7, mine looks the same except for the larger 20"wheels. I also read that the European version has S-line stitched in the seats as well as the steering wheel? is that true with yours? Mine only has the stitching on the steering wheel not in the seats. The suspension is definetly stiffer and nocer than the Q7 I drove, but not lower...

All in all I am a happy guy!!! I really like it. I traded a mercedes CLK convertible for it.

I am waiting for my Gateway 500 to arrive so i can have my IPOD working..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does it come standard with the chrome door strips? No offense, but I don't like them. Also, would you say the stiffer ride is a good thing or bad? I like a firm ride, but not my teeth clacking together over rough roads.... know what i mean?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chopper said:
Does it come standard with the chrome door strips? No offense, but I don't like them. Also, would you say the stiffer ride is a good thing or bad? I like a firm ride, but not my teeth clacking together over rough roads.... know what i mean?
No, the strips were ad-ons.. I also have my grille with the plate holder and had chrome added to it alse. It just jumps out there now.. I'll post pics of that later..

As far as the ride goes, I love it.. it's very firm, and there is not much body roll on curves at all, this makes it feel like a sedan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
nice car, my s-line has it in the seats yea and on the wheel and on the door shuts, and have to say think mine does sit lower than yours. not a fan of the chrome either sorry!!! also notoced on the interior pics, does your have keyless go? i.e a start/ stop button? it wasnt an option when i ordered mine!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chauffeurob said:
nice car, my s-line has it in the seats yea and on the wheel and on the door shuts, and have to say think mine does sit lower than yours. not a fan of the chrome either sorry!!! also notoced on the interior pics, does your have keyless go? i.e a start/ stop button? it wasnt an option when i ordered mine!![/quote

Yes it came with Keyless go. Nice option.. I wish mine sat as low as yours though.. It apears that this is a difference between the US models. I don't have S-line stitching in the seats either. But everywhere else is the same.
Kinda sucks that they offer some things in some places and different things in others...
IF S-line is supposed to be "all that" they would at least have the ride height common and the badging the same between cars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chauffeurob said:
yea I agree, what does the valet button do on the dash?
If you press this button, it locks the Glove box so that it can only be opened if the original key is used not the provided Valet Key.Which can only be used to start and lock the vehicle. pretty nifty..

·
Registered
5 Posts
My07Q7...definitely a sweet ride!!! Like what you've done with your baby. I am new to this forum (as of yesterday) and I too am waiting on a Q7 S-Line. Read your previous remarks about 3.6 vs 4.2...sorry, ordered the 4.2. Not sure, is that Daytona Gray? From the pics, seems the tint match looks pretty close! Which brand, color, grade? I was told that my vehicle was at port sometime between 2/7 and 2/9...expect to see the baby soon! Daytona Gray, 4.2 S-line, Alcantara headliner, 21" wheels, etc. Will post pics as soon as I get my hands on the vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A nice ride indeed

My07Q7...

It seems as if you've had your vehicle for over a year now... if I may, what sort of issues have you had. Tire wear? MMI malfunction? Or anything else you care to share?

Literally moments prior to ordering My08Q7.

Thanks in advance

Wil

1 - 17 of 17 Posts