Audi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As well as struggling with bluetooth (almost pairs but - can't get any mobile phone to work!) I am struggling with audi's own phone kit which came with my A6.

The theory is that you take your sim card out of your mobile phone, insert it into the sim card slot under the audi phone and it all works....

That is the theory.

In practice - I can get this to work with everyone of my friends phones - but not mine!

My sim card is not recognized!

I am on the Three network in the U.K. where I have a Motorola A1000.

Has anyone else had problems using simcards from this provider in the audi phone?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a working solution now so I thought I would answer my own question!

I bought a pay as you go simcard (orange network) specially for the car. These are only about a fiver from the internet.

When I am dirving, I set up my 3 network phone to forward calls to the other simcard. This makes things much easier and I get the best of both worlds: cheap calls from 3 most of the time and no fiddling with simcards when I get in and out of my car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tried to do something similar the other day....

Apparently 3G Sim cards are different to normal (2 and 2.5g) sim cards.

Therefore you can put any sim card in a 3(G) phone, but 3(G) sim cards will not work in normal phones - and that includes car based mobiles!

Markee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just for the avoidance of any doubt. If you have the Audi Bluetooth phone in the armrest then you cannot pair other bluetooth devices with the MMI. Your only option is to install a SIM in the armrest! It took me several hours of beating up Audi to find this out...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi All,
I'm a new Audi user in the UK , just picked up my new Audi A6 last Friday and have phone prep fitted and can make and recieve calls fine. What i can't do tho is get the MMI to pick up my contacts in my phone bok. I have a Samsung D600 and I have laso tried my sons Nokia N73 but no luck. I am just using bluetooth and not an adapter but according ot the MMI manual this should not matter. Anyone know if its the phones that are incompatible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve

·
Registered
567 Posts
Both incompatible phones, the Nokia is Symbian OS and that does not support the AT command set, the Samsung doesn't either for different reasons. You need to change to a phone in the list below....

This list of phones has been tested in the UK & US with an EU or US RNS-E . Your results may vary due to firmware issues with the phones etc.

So far paired and Hands free profiles with GSM commands for...

SE K608i
SE K700i
SE K750i
SE K800i
SE S700i
SE W800i
SE T68
SE Z540
Nokia 6021
Nokia 6111
Nokia 6230
Nokia 6230i
Nokia 6234
Nokia 6280
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6800
Nokia 6822
Nokia 8800
Nokia 8801
Motorola Razor V3
Motorola L6
Motorola SLVR L7
Motorola V550
Siemens S65
I-Mate K-Jam (firmware dependant)
Samsung P300
Samsung A900 (firmware YL10)
Cingular 2125 Smartphone (HTC Faraday) (Orange C600?)
MDA Vario
Treo 650 (firmware dependant)
Blackberry 8700c

Phones that worked, with Hands free, but not the GSM commands (PDA phones mainly)

SE 910i
Nokia 7710
Nokia N70
Nokia N80 very poor does not keep connection with bluetooth consistantly
Nokia N91
Samsung D500
Samsung D600
Motorola MPX220
Qtek 2020i - Flakey
Sprint Audiovox PPC6600
LG Chocolate

Phones that found the Interface ,but no pairing at all:

T-Mobile MDA II
O² XDA II

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know when Audi are launching the phone cradle for a Sony K800i?

I understand from Craigs post that the K800i is BT compatible with Audi BT, however, would also like the cradle (to charge and better signal).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new A4 and finding that my K800i bluetooth connection pairs well but continually drops in and out with its chiming reminder making impossible to make or hold a call or listen to any music or nav commands?

Does anyone else have experience of this or a solution?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Several people have reported issues with the audi BT kit and the K800.

Three possible solutions

1. Clear your recent/missed/dialled calls list regularly

2. Check your contacts for the group "Other" and move them to one of the main 3 categories. Mobile/Home/Business

3. Ensure the firmware of your K800i is upto date

·
Registered
3 Posts
craigyb said:
Yes, I have fitted a few so far
I have the bluetooth (no arm rest cradle) version and thus only have voice commands for telephone. Can this be changed to give more voice activated options? The settings for this item in the MMI are not available at present.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts