Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just recently had my 3rd annual checkup for my A4 2003 1.8T with a new AUDI dealer in the Philippines. A few days after the checkup my car malfunctioned. The speed display would alternate between 'S' and 'D' even if the shift gear is locked on drive mode. The service center assured me it's only an electronic display problem and that it's safe to drive the car. After a few days I noticed a change in the feel of the engine as the display shifted from D to S.

The service center told me they need to replace the Automatic transmission control box. It's very expensive!

Should an annual checkup be able to detect a problem with the Automatic transmission? Did the service center cause the damage to this part?
My car is 3yrs old ( 38,000 kilometers ).

Please help!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I think Audi should cover the replacement as your only just on the 3 year mark with the warranty and your car with that mileage shouldnt have gearbox problems.I would go back and complain that the gearbox has been fitted with defective parts and you dont expect a car of that quality and price to get the problem with such a low mileage.If they dont play ball threaten them with media/tv exposure as it sometimes works.You really got nothing to loose in this approach.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks t-sport. :)

Last week I told them that it's very odd that a few days after the annual check up the automatic transmission should malfunction. Yesterday the Audi Service called saying they won't charge the repair anymore!

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Good to hear you had a happy outcome and hopefully you wont get any more transmission problems now. cheers t-sport

1 - 4 of 4 Posts