Audi Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im actually looking for some performance upgrades for my 2003 audi A6 2.4....anyone have a good page for this?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
maybe a custom exhuast or new air filter
we dont get the 2.4 here is it turboed

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No its not turbo, is a 2.4 V6, and i know you dont get it :(, but i was wondering like any upgrade to the engine so it would have more HP or something like that?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
either you go to their shop and let them reflash or take ur ecu out and reprogram it or u can remove ur ECU urself and send it to them

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but thats only in the UK....how can i do this here? should i take it to the audi dealership? can anything else be done to the engine?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
no way an audi dealer ship do this becasue it will void the warrenty

·
Registered
256 Posts
You may want to visit the APR or GIAC websites. They can tell you if there is a local shop that will do the work. If not, then they can help you remove your ECU and tell you where to send it to get the new chip. Good luck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Isnt the ECU like the computer? wont the car work without this, and also those webpages wont help me because im in Central america, not the states,so i doubt they can help me, and is this the only thing that can be done?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes the ECU is the car's computer. The car will not run without it. Inside the Engine Control Unit (ECU) is the Central Processing Unit (CPU) and Erasaeable Programable Read Only Memory (EPROM) or Programable Read Only Memory (PROM). The memory chips contain the engine management programs that the CPU uses to adjust the fuel / air mixture and spark when you step on the gas.
Most car manufactures including Audi adjust these stored programs to give the best overall fuel economy and reliability. There are aftermarket memory makers like GIAC and APR that have adjusted or re-mapped these programs to let the engine run with greater fuel consumption under hard driving (i.e. more horsepower) without changing any major engine components. However, most guys i know that do this also install a high flow exhaust and free flow air intake at the same time. This combination of upgrades allows more air / fuel to be burnt and expeled more quickly.
If there is no local shop that is authorized by APR or GIAC to do this kind of work they can send you instructions on how to remove the ECU by yourself and send it to the States for the chip. You may want to get a good idea of what all is involved with this process before you start. I wouldn't do this myself because of my lack of experience and the proper tools. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info, i dont think i will do it since i live far away, but is there any other performance upgrade i can put?

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
I wouldnt personally touch one of those so called cheap chips as my friend bought one of ebay and it turned out to be a piece of wire with a resistor diode on it that he had to solder on to somewhere in the engine bay.

After all its only $19.99 -you get what you pay for.

My advice would be to search the net for a descent chip supplier and expect to pay about $2- 400 for it and get a garage to fit it to ecu for you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
neuspeed.com isnt any help :'( they dont have my car's engine, :'(!!! im so sad, can anyone else help me please?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts