Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 A4 3.0 Quattero with manual transmission. After sitting overnight when I place the vehicle in reverse or adust the outside mirrors the parktronic beeps four times then stops, this only happens when it has been sitting for a period of time. I've checked the operation of the sensors and they are fine. Any suggestions on how to correct this latest quirk, the driver's mirror has never dimmed properly and will change position randomly. These two anomolies have been there since the vehicle was purchased new and the dealers were never able to fix them.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
what happens if you park it 1st overnight?? does it beep then??

Could it be initialising itself and warning you before you move just incase??

has anone else out there got PARKING SENSORS and try parking in Rerverse over night and see what happens??

Rickt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What gear it's left in doesn't seem to matter. Today when I started it up it beeped as I turned on the lights but had not yet placed it in gear or adjusted the drivers mirror.

If its an initalization thing its something new in the past month as it never did this before, I'll have to drop it into reverse tomorrow morning with the ignition on before I start the engine to determine if the sensors are operable. I check the owners manual and it suppose to give you a constant tone if the parktronic system is malfunctioning. Perhaps I'll need to get a VAG-COM and see if any codes are present.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts