Audi Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first post so treat me gently!

I've recently been given a Panasonic DP600 6 disc CD Chnager and am trying to hook it up to my Concert head unit in a 98 A4 Avant 2.5 TDi. It has the correct plug but am aware that I need an adaptor due to some wire cross over type thing. I'm trying to avoid spending any more cash at the moment, and figured if it's a wire thing I'm OK with a soldering iron so could knock something up.

After a lot of internet research I came across this:
http://memebeam.org/toys/AudiHacking
with some guy in another forum saying he'd done the same to his DP600 (by tracking down where pins 8 and 11 were on that model and applying the same principle)

Anyway, I tried that last night and it nearly works, what happens is the display on the headunit rapidly flashed between "CD0 TR00" and then (for example) "CD3 TR01". The unit appears to let me change CD and track with the correct value when it flashes and will play a very stuttured bit of music. I.e. it looks like & sounds like it works fine for a fraction of a second, then resets to the CD0 TR00 mode, then flicks back to the track, etc. etc. very rapidly.

My electronic knowledge is fairly limited but I have tried to check the grounding on a number of different places and it doesn't seem to make a difference whether it's connected or not.

Any thoughts (apart from forking out on an adapter).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just done the same (only two years later) and have exactly the same problem! Can anyone shed light on what is wrong?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts