Audi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i purchased a 80 (b4) about 3 months ago now, and everything is running fine, just replaced radiator and a couple of small things, and while me and my mate were changing the spark plugs, he noticed that the wires for the oxygen sensor (i think) going to the exit of the exhaust, have been cut previously for some reason. Any idea why someone would do that? both my catalytic converters are damaged also, could this have something to do with it?
also, here in australia, we have crap fuel (unleaded) 91-92 octane and premuim, or the good fuel, which is like 98 octane, i noticed a sticker on the firewall which states, only to use 95 octane fuel only, as lower will damage catalytic converters. could the previous owner been using the crappy, 92 octane fuel damaging the catalytic converters, and would have cutting the wires made the car 'feel' better?
i only use premium, will reattaching the wires give a better tune back to the car? or should i just leave as-is, considering it dosent seem to be running bad. btw, fual consumption is ....probably roughly 500 km to the tank or so, driving like grandma. thanks alot guys

1 - 1 of 1 Posts