Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to this forum, so not sure if this was posted previously or not. i own a 2002 a4 1.8t quattro, the car started getting hot on me i checked for leaks and no leaks anywhere, the reservoir is full so i checked my hoses the top hose is getting hot the bottom is cold it just happen all of the sudden also, so the first thing that came to mind was the thermostat must be stuck and the water is not circulating, well i went and spent a 100 dollars on a new one ant took an hour to put it on!! now i fill the car up with new coolant and here the car gets hot again:confused: Now im lost cant be the pump its not leaking is it possible that now tha i replaced the stat, that it has an air pocket? Damm any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks;Juan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after i replaced the expensive thermostat, NOTHING still getting hot. so i tore the whole front end of and im replacing the timing belt along with my water pump. :eek: Anyways besides the timing mark on the camshaft is therre another mark that i have to set b4 putting it all back together im guessing there should be one on the damper? am i correct?:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with it..

QUOTE="JuanA4B6, post: 149532, member: 121096"
Hey guys new to this forum, so not sure if this was posted previously or not. i own a 2002 a4 1.8t quattro, the car started getting hot on me i checked for leaks and no leaks anywhere, the reservoir is full so i checked my hoses the top hose is getting hot the bottom is cold it just happen all of the sudden also, so the first thing that came to mind was the thermostat must be stuck and the water is not circulating, well i went and spent a 100 dollars on a new one ant took an hour to put it on!! now i fill the car up with new coolant and here the car gets hot again:confused: Now im lost cant be the pump its not leaking is it possible that now tha i replaced the stat, that it has an air pocket? Damm any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks;Juan
[/QUOTE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts