Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Hi folks, I have purchased a 1999 A3 1.6 sport, and I had the front bumper replaced after a minor accident. I happened to be there when the old one was removed and was surprised to see an external temperature sensor! The funny thing is there is no display for outside temp. on the dash. I was wondering whether there is one and it is not functional. Could anyone tell me where on the dash it is located? (could it be the 2 narrow displays in the centre that show nothing????)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
im not sure but it should always be displayed in the center trip screen

·
Registered
46 Posts
A sport model should have the drivers information system, and the temp is displayed in between the audio info & the fuel computer info on the DIS screen, this does apply to the 2000 model & i see yor is 1999 so might not be the same.
I think the basic model should show the temp in the lower left handside display in the instrument panel with the time.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
My 1997 1.8 t-sport shows the temperature in the dis panel in the centre.
Have you tried pressing the small buttons on the end of the wiper stalk to see if your imformation system is working?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still wondering...

Thanx for everyone's reply, but my A3 does not have an on-board trip computer that shows fuel consumption and other info in the centre of the instrument panel. It has the standard panel with 2 narrow displays at the bottom which I suspect are service indicators. However the cable I discovered behind the bumper is a temp sensor for sure, so it doesnt make much sense. I think I will go to my local dealer and ask, although the word is these guys won't give you the time of day without charging you....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts