Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 2001 A3 TDI 110 SE. Should my car have an outside temp display as standard?
I havent got one at the moment and am wondering if either its broken or one was never fitted.
My car has not got the onboard computer fitted.
I was looking through my handbook last night and got the feeling they were standard equipment on all A3's.
If I should have one the display is obviously not working so any suggestions how to fix it?

Many Thanks in advance for any help.

Graham.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey
Ive got a 1999 a3 tdi 90 and i haven't got a onboard comp but i do have the outside temp display, so i suspect that u should have it as standard.
The display panel its on is starting to fail near the bottom so cant see all of the screen. Perhaps yours has gone completely.
Maybe u could get the a replacement.

Hope that has helped a bit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Outside Temperature Gauge

If you have a look in the manual the outside temperature gauge should be where the display is i.e. where the LCD display shows if the door is open.

My display is working, but I don't get an outside reading either :mad:

LMK if you have make any progress on this. I know there is an outside temperature sensor which I think is located on the front bumper, it may have come loose or not been connected!

Shye :)

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
from about 99 all A3 came with the temp DIS.. one thing to do is to shine a touch at it and sometime you can see the image behind which is not light up.. if its blank then no... (it depends if its the one below the REV conter tho...

Cheers

Rickt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts