Audi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the A80 Quattro hit a deer the other nite so I had to figure out what to do about another AWD car to get up our driveway in the Adirondacks. Note we just got our first snow. A friend mentioned a automatic 100 Quattro Avant CS which fits all our needs. Problem is that it has sat for 10 months and does not move. Needs a new tranny. Towed it over to get worked on and have quote on a tranny from phoenixhardparts.com. I would have preferred a manual but what can you do.

The battery was low so jumped it with our van and it ran OK for the tow. Problem is that the power windows and heater all are not working. (Not to mention its does not move forward, only reverse). I have heard that 100's are electrical nightmares and I am afraid of the dealer prices for work so I cam considering the Bentley manual and an OBD loaner from a friend.

Any advice on the electrical problems so far. No lights, windows, heater, radio, etc.? http://www.audi-forums.com/style_images/3/...icons/icon8.gif

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been a while since last post but the car has been resurrected. Did a rebuilt tranny from Michigan (Z1 certified and 2 year warranty) very happy with that. Also, did rotors all around, brake pads and wheel bearings. Also, heater blower motor was reason that had no heat. I was getting very cold in December so ordered a used blower. Still clunked around after I put it in when finally realized that there were spacers missing on the original and replacements that prevent motor fan from hitting walls of intake. Note, this job can be done w/o following factory procedure but it is a very tight fit and www.blauparts.com sells a kit with the instructions.
Car was running well for 2 months and then I started leaking oil. Changed valley gaskets (recommended in Bentley manual) and still had problem. Next step was to pull engine and do rear main seal, valley gasket, valve cover gaskets and also did timing belt/water pump since engine was out. Thought all these would solve problem. Well...
I'm still leaking oil out the bell housing on the transmission (auto) which is blowing onto the catalytic converters and making quite a stink. I started the Auto-RX treatment 2 days ago because I thought I had too much engine pressure, maybe clogged oil passages and sludged up. Under all conditions, above 2000 rpm I run 5+ bar pressure. At idle once the engne is warmed up to 80C I run 2.5 bar or lower which is normal. Will keep everyone posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts