Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, its an honor to be part of this forum. I've owned a dozen Audi's now and just moved to the Orlando area. Not knowing the area I actually took my car to a couple of more widely known shops for minor repairs and both did hundreds of dollars in damages, even after the repairs. Does anyone know of a reputable little shop in the Orlando area that knows Audis?

Where I moved from there was a guy who had a small shop and years of Audi / Porsche expereince and I sure miss him!

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever hear from anyone with an answer to your question?

I too am looking for an independent service garage in the Orlando area. I gave the dealer at Classic Audi a try and was less than impressed, especially since the boots on my front CV joints were, oddly, both torn and needed replacing.

2001 A6 4.2

·
Registered
2 Posts
is that the classic Audi off OBT? because i just got a 2001 tt Quattro and was going to take it in there to get the car checked out. If it was the same place your taking about, do you know of a better shop here in orlando?

·
Registered
3 Posts
First timer. I have a '97 automatic A4 that recently had a used transmission installed. It ran fine for about 5 months. Then all the shifter lights came on and reverse became intermitten. I had the neutral safety switch (multi- switch) replaced with a new one and now the lights are still on and reverse is completely gone.

I did notice that the car does not seem to shift to high gear. The rpms get high, but no shift into 4th. The transmission guy says it's an electrical problem for obvious reasons. Frankly, I don't know. Has anyone seen this one before?

Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Problem solved after months of agonizing research and spending money. It turns out that the ECM had to be recoded after transmission replacement. The reason it ran for a while was that the old memory in the computer didn't know of the change. It started wacking out when the computer did not get back from the different transmission what it expected. Then it went into "safe mode". Thanks for all yoiur help.

Now my climate controll sysytem is blowing cold air. I appreciate any hints. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts