Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I have an 01 A6 which has 31000 miles. I still have the original brakes, I am finesse with the car, I am just curious, how long do they last? When will I need to replace them?

I also have the orignal battery, since it will be 4.5 years old, is it better for me to replace it now than wait for it to die? When replacing the battery, do I have to reprogram the stereo again, such as punching in the codes?

:liebe011:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brakes are not giving me problems, I'm just curious as to how long they last so I can anticipate replacement times. I am planning to change the battery in about a couple of months rather than wait for it to die. Anyway is the battery easy to replace? I know it's hidden in a compartment, are this things easy to take out and re-install?

:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Pull the rubber seal off of the plenum chawmber cover and remove the cover by pulling it toward the front of the car and remove .Then disconnect the - first and then the rest of the battery. If you batter has a vent hose make sure it is clear and connected when you install the new battery.
As for brakes..... I've driven several A6 2.7Ts that have had rotor warping issues at <25k miles. I dont have any info on 2.8 wear. Try feeling the edge of the rotor with your finger. Is there quite a lip there? If so, go ahead and do the brakes. Good stopping is pretty important

1 - 4 of 4 Posts