Discussion Starter #1
Hi

my car uses 500ml oil every 1000 kilometeres is that fine? the manual says so
just wondering!

Corne

·
Registered
20 Posts
What ? 500ml oil every 1000 Km ? That oil consumption is normal.

I have abnormal oil consumption , my Audi burns 1 L oil every 600 Km , how about that ? Engine have 322.000 Km and is still in good condition. And that abnormal oil consumption is probably because valves gaskets ar leaking , i just always have 1 L oil in my trunk if i need it. Recently i changed engine oil and i put Valvoline MaxLife 10W-40 with oil additive STP Engine oil stop leak just to see if this stuff really works.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:liebe011:
Now 'im pretty sure her consumption is ok, thanks for the oil lesson, by the way your car looks beautiful, can u send me a pic of your engine and interious pls?

Corne

P.s my car has 293150km on the clock

·
Registered
20 Posts
:) Thanks! Your Audi doesnt look bad also. I see what you did with polishing , looks really nice and clean.
I will post some pics soon as i clean it. My interior is a little bit dirty , not to mention engine bay.

Cheers :beer:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here ya go corne , pictures of the interior and engine bay. I didnt clean the interior because i was to lazy :) , on the engine bay picture u can see that some plastic covers ar missing. I guess everything is the same as on your Audi , yes ?

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Sputnik I'm just cleaning my car right now, when I'm finished I'll send you some pics, our cars look a little bit different, my battery is under the back seat, and a few of my cars' stuff is on the other side, I didn't know these alse had diff lock!! My car doesn't have difflock. Is your car Quattro?? I were not so lucky to have Quattro. Send you some pics later.

Corne

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes , my car have differential lock because it`s Quattro , only Quattro have this. And with differential lock ON there is no such snow or hill that Audi will not climb!

Yes , send some pictures of your interior and engine bay.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi here is a few pictures, my camera isn't too good so I'll send you some more pics when it is morning (It's evening here right now), Ihope you make something out. do you still have your cathylic converters on? mine has been taken out, because they weren't effective anymore. Would you please send me pics of your catylic converters, I would like to see how they looked! Do you also have a twin pipe coming out at your exhaust or not? I have noticed your coolant s not genuine Audi coolant, Audi coolant is red,pls put some in and take that crap out it is not good for her engine, 5 litres of audi coolant (ask for G12 plus) would do it I have the same amount in my car's cooling system, does it snow where you live? Here it never snow, in winter the morning will be -3(coldest ever).

Ps Please send me more pics :trophy:
Corne :nahrung034:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice and clean engine bay you have there. Interior picture is to dark to see anything (you need to get better digital camera :) ). About catalytic converter , i have no idea if is still on or has been taken out , can`t tell. No , i don`t have twin pipe exhaust , its one pipe with chrome tip (picture below). Good observing , coolant is not original Audi , but is also not some cheap crap so i think its ok (but anyway thanks for advice).
Right now its summer time (starting to get warm) , o but we have some nasty cold winters with lots of snow , fear not because Audi Quattro will take you anywhere , anytime :banana: .

Cheers :beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Sputnik finally I got some decent pics, now you surely can see the car's interiour,
I have a question, when tour car idles, does it have a very smooth idle? I have a bit of a rough idle, and in P or N at 1500rpm the engine vibrats a bit too hard, under that revs it is fine and above 2000 rpm's everything is fine

Thank for pics of your car, my mom says your car is more of a beaut than mine :eek:fftopic: but she is beaut I must agree.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi corne , from pictures i see that you have air conditioner , board computer , leather seats , automatic transmission , all the great stuff that i don`t have in my Audi :57: .

My Audi have very smooth idle , no matter what the revs ar it`s very smooth. But i think you should not worry about this , my Audi and your Audi ar not 100% same.
Do you use fuel additives like STP® Complete Fuel System Cleaner or STP® Injector Cleaner? Maybe this will help to smooth out the rough idle.

Say HI and THANKS to your mom :beer:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No I don't put additives in, the service centre usually do this,but I'll defenitely put some in. Iusually make my tank full and take her for a long HARD spin usually about 200 km's but I haven't done this for quite a while, it is exams time so just when I get time (usually weekends) I take her for a spin. What is ur fuel usage?
I use 16L\100km in town and I get 8.9L\100km(140km\h) that to me sounds reasonable compared to my dad's Mitshbuchi Lancer's 7.8L\100km,what do u think? The surroundings on ur last photo where is it? Is it close to the sea because it looks so,and the rocks on the ground, it looks as if you also have a problem with lime scale, or am I wrong, sorry for the questions but I've never been out of South Africa and this is the first time I can ask someone how it looks in their country. I hope we can sort each others car problems out. Hope to hear from you

Corne

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes , u defenitely should try fuel additive. I use it every 10.000 Km and no problems so far. Your fuel usage seems OK to me. I don`t live in town , but my fuel usage on open road is about 12L /100 Km (speed between 80 and 170 Km/h). And with today high gas prices it`s really suck to pay 122$ for one tank (80L). How much you pay for one full tank in your country?
That picture was taken when i was on vacation , it`s a Croatian (my country) island called Vir , on Adriatic Sea. Picture was taken on the hill with beatiful view.

:beer:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi we pay 500 Rand for a tank Shell unleaded 95 which translates to 150$ that's very expensive, so you must be gentle with ur foot, otherwise you are broke, I also have a 80L fuel tank. what is your revs at 180 mine (automatic) 4250rpm,
my old audi 2.2 5cyl revs was 5500rpm at 180 :lol: ,that was actually not a very quick car. If you would ever drive your car at max rpm (6600) you would be doing 264.4 km\h (true speed):lol: that is defenitely not slow. :57:

Corne

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now , that is some expensive gas. I see u use normal 95 gas , this engine needs high octane gas 98. U will notice the difference.
If i remember right , my revs at 180 Km/h are about 4600 Rpm/min.

Cheers :nahrung034:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi I use the highest octane available we live inland and usually you get 93 octane but Shell is the only petrol that has 95 inland, the highest octane we have is 97 octane only at the coast. The difference between 93 and 95 is astonishing! not even to mention 97 but 98? thak car would go like H*ll!!!! With 95 octane my car goes o-100 kM\h in 9.7 seconds. Pretty slow I know but she goes fast on highway.
I've seen many Audis but only these that we have is for me the best there are.
Right?

Corne.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I see. U should deffinetly avoid using 93 octane , not good for 2.8 L engine. In my place we don`t even have 93 octane , only 95 and 98. When i drive on 95 octane it feels like i have 2.0 L engine under my hood , but when i use 98 octane u instantly feel the difference in better acceleration , more pulling power , in one word 2.8 L engine runs with full capacity or like u would say "car would go like HELL". So , im using only 98 octane (recommended for this engine).

U say , this Audi A6 is best for you. Yes i agree , it`s great car but i wouldn`t have nothing against owning some 1998 Audi A8 4.2 Quattro.

Hey , check out this new forum look , i like it !

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
e sI would also like to have an A8 but money are the biggest problem, that's why I have an old 93 A6, maby one day when i in thelotto, sorry for writing now, I had some problems logging up in this website.

Corne

1 - 18 of 18 Posts