Audi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much oil an A3 1.9 tdi quattro sump holds.
On 1 bill i was charged for 5 litres another bill i was charged for 6 litres this cant be possible unless it wasnt filled correctly 1st time.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
not sure how much oil it holds but i can give you an explantion to why it could be different amounts....

because Audi are trying to get as many cars in and out of the garage in 1 day as poss, instead of undoing the sump and let the oil drain out, instead, they put a oil vacum into where the dip stick goes and stuck the oil out and they top up to fill levels..

(im not a fan of this way as i like to drain it empty as all the crap comes out in the oil)

that could be one reason.... or the other could be they are trying to ripp you off!! (the guy in the garage could of dropped a litre and charged you!!)

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Was it an Audi dealer that did the oil change or independant local garage?

If it was Audi i am interested to know which dealership it was as i live local to you in devon and have found there are a couple of crap local franchised dealers without mentioning any names.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I wouldn't have thought it would take anywhere near 6 litres. I got my oil changed today on my A4 and it only took 4.5 litres.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
in the US many places dont even use quarts, they guestimate it and just use their best assumption but i mean what was an extra 2 bucks? cheapo And just because the first time was 5 and the second time was 6 doesnt mean they did it wrong, u probably needed 5.5 and they just round it out either way

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The garage is in Langage Park, where are the not so good dealers in Devon and why are they not so good or do they over charge you on oil.
The price for the extra litre is £ 16 dont know what it is in bucks, but as its expensive oil it was a point that stuck out to me.
The previous service i had cost over £100 in oils/fluids so i alway keep an eye where the money goes.The service was £740 in total.
They charge me for a plug as well which i guess is the sump plug so they must drain the oil.
May they do just round it up or down depending on how they feel,but i am wandering if anyone else has experianced this infact i shall ask the garage for their explanation.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Is that Langage park in near Plymouth?

I got charged £170 for a service which i thought covered all fluid/oil change but when i went to pick car up they said i needed a seperate brake fluid service costing another £80 to put new fluid in. All i got for my money was oil/filter/plugs and a big checklist of things needing doing.

Avoid Newton Abott Audi-Tried to create work and labour costs on my wifes A3 and said if i didnt get the work done no Audi dealer would service my car again.They said the car needed over £1000 spent on repairs and i managed to do most of it myself for under £200.

My friend took his A4 into them for a a new chip key to be supplied and programmed and somehow they managed to snap his ignition key in the barrel and then tried to say the key was weak and bill him for £250 for new key and ignition barrel. As most Audi owners know these keys are thick and not easy to snap.

·
Premium Member
1,960 Posts
Just goes to show these dealers do not charge a uniform price for the same type of job undertaken.

I think £30 difference for changing break fluid is a rip off so might take the car to Langage park next time as its about same distance from me.

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
well Audi BRADFORD up here charge £105.00 PER HOUR - no matter what job it is!!

and i guess the mechnaics only get 1/10th of that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts