Audi Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a service to the car last month , and one day by luck i decied to check the oil level i found that theres only 1 Litr still in the engine i got SHOCKED, so right away i went to the nearest gas station and i change the oil ( mobile one ) the usual oil i use even in the service they use it , so everything went ok for one week then TODAY i checked the oil level i found theres only 1 Litr still in the engin .
WEIRD isnt . any sugges how to fix this problem

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
u have a leak some here, check ur lines and gaskets

·
Registered
180 Posts
How do you know that there is only 1 litre in there ?

The difference between the top mark and the bottom mark on the dipstick is usually about 1 litre. IT should only need topping up if the level drops below the bottom mark

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
which engine do you have in it??

If its the 2.0 TDI search this forum as theres a ongoing issue where it drinks it like no tommrrow.

Cheers

Rickt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
audi a4 2.0 2004 model

petrol engine 95 octan
i checked throw oil steak , and i found 1 litr
the problem that when i park the car in the usual place of my home , theres no oil left on the floor , even i left the car for 2 days in the parking , no sign
by the way i am livnin in dubai

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
i have the 2.0 petrol and my oil does not move, even after 10k miles its in the same place...

Just wondering if this could be a factor?? whats the outside temp where you are???

also what MPG are you getting?? or how many miles off a full tank??

Rickt

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think that if you only had 1 litre of oil in your car the engine would seize as there wont be enough to lube the engine and your oil light would come on. Normal oil capacity in my 1.8t is about 4.5 litres
Does your oil level or oil pressure light come on

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
400 KM is only 248 miles... i get at least 400 - 450 urban off a full tank, which is 725KM,.,, and i use 97 octane or 98 or 99....

however the outside temp here is only about 18'c at the moment so the aircon is not working too hard!!

However if i drive mine really hard i can see it drinking that amount of fuel?

however something does not sound right...

Rickt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
note

i forget to tell you thats traffic is so hard here , you can stuck on the traffic more hten 2 hours here , i think thats the resone why. plus i use 95 octan should i start to use 98 octan , u think will not b a problem change the gas type?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
no it would not be an issue... i used 97, or 98.. try for 98 all the time as the car runs so much better on it!!

Rickt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
note

theres another thing i want to ask about RickT when i start to go with the car , i mean the first push on the gas accelartion then i take off my foot the car make like motor break just for 2 sec then become like normal , its happen with u also or just me ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts