Audi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:angry: Hi I have an Audi 1996 A6 The problem is that the damn Oil light will come on just as the car's revs goes above 2000rpm And sometimes even when she is idling, what can it be? the oil pressure is still ok (when opening throttle goes to 5 bar mark) any help please

·
Registered
256 Posts
Can't say for sure but the pressure (i.e. oil pump) sounds ok. Most likely a level sensor (sending unit) or actual level condition. I'm sure you've done this but I have to ask... Have you checked the oil level?

·
Registered
72 Posts
How is the engine temperature? I read recently that an overheating engine may manifest an oil pressure problem so replacing the thermostat may fix the oil pressure problem.

Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank,

Yes I have checked the oil level it' perfect, I also think it must be the sensor, I will have it fixed ASAP

Corne

·
Registered
4 Posts
corne said:
Thank,

Yes I have checked the oil level it' perfect, I also think it must be the sensor, I will have it fixed ASAP

Corne
Hi, I emailed you about this and you were going to get your car checked out - did you get it fixed? I have te same issue and would really appreciate some pointers in the right direction as I have the same problem.

Thanks
:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi am taking her for a service Wednesday, so as soon as she is fixed I will write back about the problem. The person whom I talked to asked me if the car hasn't been serviced for a while, becuse she was due for a sevice I said yes, she said thet must be the problem because the oil are very dirty it must've clogged up the sensor. I will find out the truth about this matter when she has been serviced. I will keep you posted

Corne

·
Registered
34 Posts
Would it be that sensor to the right of the pulley and by the oil filter? It has a white rubber cap over it?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi thanks for the help I had it fixed Wednesday, but unfortunately it wasn't the problem. They say it is my OK computer, one of the clusters is cracked!? I must take the car to a auto electritian to have it fixed, I got the same trouble with my brake light, the computer says my brakes are finished although I have put new brakepads in. The whole service for my car was $1200. I am broke now I would have it fixed later.

Corne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts