Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i seem to have a couple of oil leaks. it's comming out from near the front oil tank and the rear axle. i own a 98 2.8L a4. has this ever happened to anyone before? i just got my oil changed but i no thats not the cause b/c it was leaking about a week before i got it. so i'm going to put some dye in it tomorrow and i'll let u guys no wats up. but if this has ever happened to any of u, please let me no!!!!!!!!!
thanx :liebe011:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have a 98 and I once had to get the valve cover gaskets replaced and some other seals because there was some leakage of oil.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Me too. I had the head and valve cover gaskets changed on my 1.8T after I discovered an oil leak. Fortunately, Audi covered it on their warranty.

The leak from your back end could be your differential. Audi has told me that some "sweating" of oil on the rear diff. is normal for the Quattro but it shouldn't be to the point where it's ldripping fluid on the ground.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh that is some great info,thanx i appreciate it!!! the leaks r'nt like big leaks but there leaks. so as soon as i get the dye in i'll let u guys no wats up!!!!! thanx again :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts