Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's
I am very lucky. My wife's A4 1.8 1995 model started to get a bad oil leak. I had it put up on the hoist, after using a light to try to track down the leak myself with no luck. My friend said to me OH NO, I S*&T myself, then he started to laugh. You are so lucky my friend it was a Oil pressure sensor switch costing $33.00 Aussie Dollars and for him a Carton of beer. The funny thing is I really started to worry over the week's thinking it was so much more. This is the little colpret here in the pic bellow. So I alway's say don't panic to you have to panic.
I am told this is very very common with Audi's.
Addam

This is how you replace the oil pressure sensor switch.

Easy
Remove the Coolant expansion tank,# screw's, Now you can get to the switch very easy. Remove the switch and replace.
Connect the wires back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
how did it look?

Hello

How did it look the leakage? I mean, where did u notice it first? I seem to have some oil at mine before the front right wheel (if it's not clear maybe I'll take a photo these days). Not as much to leak on the driveway though.

And, how can I check the oil level? Please excuse these dumb questions, but I don't have a user's manual and my old car was a Renault 12 :) - this is quite different.

Ovidiu

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tesh
The dip stick should be yellow in colour and is between the manifold on the right hand side of the motor as you lift up the bonnet, Almost right in the middle/right side of the motor.
What colour is the fluid that is leaking?
may be power steering fluid which do leak a lot on Audi's, All of mine have.
My leak was towards the back right hand side leaking down toward's the tranny.

In the pic below I have circled the area.
The best way is to take a photo and send it to AllWheelGrip this guy know's his stuff.

Good Luck
Addam

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
oil leak?

I took a picture of the leak. Can it be oil? From inside the engine compartment I can see nothing. The image is from the front-right wheel.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts