Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very small (one or two small drops a night) leak coming from what looks like the space between the catalytic converters. It seems too far back to be engine oil, but it has a brownish cast to it like oil (not red like transmission fluid, etc). I don't have a service manual with me and I don't have access to jack stands (I'm on a road trip), so I can't be more specific. Does anyone know what this is likely to be? Is it indicative of a major problem?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same problem and from what i have read it might be a camshaft adjuster seal..
let me know what you find..

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
it could be an oil leak b/c dont forget when ur driving and their's a leak, oil will slip back. thats wat happened to me. i thought it was coming from my camshat but it was my gaskets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey .. i got oill leak on my 98 a4 2.8 quattro ...its got 122000 miles on it .. ive been regular with its scheduled servicing.. got it checked at the dealer . and he said . cam gasket n seal worn off .. and parts + labor ~ $1600 .... i was wondering if its a big work to change the gasket myself or shud i let the dealer take care of it ..thanks ..

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
wow r u being ripped off, i only payed $350 for parts and labor!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts