Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps i was wondering if you could help me, i have developed a serious oil leak on the oil filter housing, its hard to describe but here goes, the housing starts of sqaure then the is like a round piece on top well its leaking from between the too, i was wondering if its just a case of replacing an o ring in between the 2 or can i just tighten it up some how ? is there bolts hidden underneth the filter ?

please please can someone help me asap

Kind Regards Stefan

Ps i forgot to mention my car is an Audi 80 16v Avant 1993

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like your o-ring could have perished, or the filter has come loose. Do you know when the oil & filter were last changed?
AFAIK there should be no bolts to hold it on, it should just screw into position. For the sake of £15's worth of parts though, it might be an idea to change the oil and the filter.
Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
74 Posts
i had exactly the same symptons a couple of years ago--at first i thought it was the o ring between the oil cooler(the filter is screwed onto this-dont look much like an oil cooler tho)and the block-- it wasnt this o ring at all -the oil temperature switch was leaking thru the top where the blue/white wire goes thru it!!!!!!!!its covered by a rubber boot so you cant see it leaking

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Just read your post for help. Did you get it sorted if not let me know i had similar problem and can help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts