Audi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS light is on permanently on which prevents me from seeing the digital panel because of the big red exclamation mark thats on it (I'm hoping this is a sensor and will get checked out in the next couple of weeks).

My question is that the oil dial which goes from 60 to 180 is sitting at 60 most of the time. The oil levels are ok.

I live in a fairly remote area and can't get the car booked into a garage until the 24th May.

Could this be a serious problem, should I be driving the car at all until I get it seen to?

Any advice is much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
P.S also thought I'd mention that the car feels good and solid on the road and I can feel the abs working even though the warning light is on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The oil dial at 60 is normal as the oil is kept cool by an oil cooler. Goes up a smidge in traffic but that's usually all.

The Abs light is usually either sensor ring on one of the wheels or a broken track on the circuit board of the abs control unit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I'd give an update on this problem.

The oil temp dial was faulty, so it wasn't too serious.

The abs problem was a blown fuse, very simple. We were about to order new sensors when we thought we would check the fuses and hey presto. The abs light is now off and I don't have that annoying red brake symbol flashing on the dash all the time. I know this won't always be the solution to the abs light always being on but I hope this post helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts