Audi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Has anyone removed the "oddments box" on A3 (8L) model?
If you are wondering what an oddmonents box is thats what the haynes manual refers to as the box with the flip up lid between climate control panel and ash tray.
The manual say "open oddments box lid then undo the mounting screws"
I have had a look and can't see any screws!
Any clues as I would like to look at the mechanism that flips the lid up. it stays up all the time,
Regards Boardboy

·
Registered
46 Posts
That happened to my old car , Audi replaced the hole thing, new felt inside lovely. But the outside was slightly different colour, so i got them to put the old cover on. It was a spring clip inside.
I think the screws are in the ash tray but cant really remember, but it can be fixed with a new piece.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wow old thread, but i'll add my 2 cents
Might be a different model but i have an a3 2001 model with the oddements box under the climate control trim.
I did it the long way by removing the entire upper center console including glove box and driver side console!
The haines manual said to undo the screws aswell, but there are none. If you angle the lid about 10 mm downwards you should see 2 small square gaps, perhaps 4, though the ones you want are the 2 outside gaps.
Fit a flathead screw driver in the hole about 1 cm and try to pry the metal clip up from the bottom. It should slide out after that.

As for fixing the problem with the lid, i can't seem to work it out :p might need a new one.:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts